Goh Teo Kee Restaurant
Location: Taman Sri Nibong, Sungai Ara
Tel. No: 604- 6465072/6443072
012- 4737218/017-4747888
Tonight I went to this Restaurant to have dinner in conjunction with Mother's Day. Reservations were made for a table of 13 people and the meal was selected from the 2006 Mother's Day Set Lunch & Dinner Menu. The 8 Course Menu was chosen and it is RM 398 +.
Upon reaching the area, i drove one big round and parking is very limited. I parked a distant away and walked to almost the other end to reach the restaurant. We went in and told them about our reservation. Our table was upstairs.
There was 12 of us and only 11 places at the table. Thus an extra place was added in. It was crowded. Here's what was in store for me on the menu :
1 Luxury Four Season
2 Crab Meat Shark Fin's Soup
3 House stuffed Herbal Chicken
4 Braised Chile's Fresh Abalone Slice
5 Thai Creamy Sautee King Prawn
6 Atlantic Cod Fish with Soya Sauce
7 Seafood Birthday Noodle
8 Lemon with Sea Coconut & Logan (as spelled on the paper)
*Complimentary Fine& Nice Mother's Day Cake
I have no complaints about dishes 1,2 & 4. I have comments for dishes 3,5,6,7 & 8.
Dish 3 was a rip off. The chicken was chopped up already and smelled of sesame oil strongly. It also was just steamed chicken (the one chicken rice shops sell). Gravy was salty.
Dish 5 tasted like mash potato gravy from KFC.
Dish 6 the fish yuck. Sweet and tasteless yet has that fishy stench.....eeeew.
Dish 7 - Pink Scrambled EGGS ?????!!!
Dish 8 - No LONGAN at all. Not even one in sight.
Now to comment about timing of dishes... They came in pairs and after we finished each pair we waited for about 15 minutes ++ for the next two dishes to come. Other people who came after us finished faster than we did. We spent about 2.5 hours sitting there.
Service: IN the beginning it was fine. Then the waiter asked me to move so he could stand and serve. Pffffttt... I was in the midst of eating and he chases me off inconsiderately. I had to stand and finish my food and while waiting for him to finish, the food was finished. Bad waitering etiquette. He did that more than once. PIssed me off. How can you do that to a customer?
THe waiting period for dishes is too long. Makes eating boring and unenjoyable.
Refilling of drinks not consistent and mostly had to be self served. I had to walk to the trolley at the back of the room to get drinks, serviettes etc.
The bill also came slow.
The restroom was okay but not a good location for it was next to the kitchen.
Comment: I never want to go there again. Food is not good, service is bad. Its a cramped place and parking is scarce. Should get a major discount for all my troubles there =)
Rating: *
Tel. No: 604- 6465072/6443072
012- 4737218/017-4747888
Tonight I went to this Restaurant to have dinner in conjunction with Mother's Day. Reservations were made for a table of 13 people and the meal was selected from the 2006 Mother's Day Set Lunch & Dinner Menu. The 8 Course Menu was chosen and it is RM 398 +.
Upon reaching the area, i drove one big round and parking is very limited. I parked a distant away and walked to almost the other end to reach the restaurant. We went in and told them about our reservation. Our table was upstairs.
There was 12 of us and only 11 places at the table. Thus an extra place was added in. It was crowded. Here's what was in store for me on the menu :
1 Luxury Four Season
2 Crab Meat Shark Fin's Soup
3 House stuffed Herbal Chicken
4 Braised Chile's Fresh Abalone Slice
5 Thai Creamy Sautee King Prawn
6 Atlantic Cod Fish with Soya Sauce
7 Seafood Birthday Noodle
8 Lemon with Sea Coconut & Logan (as spelled on the paper)
*Complimentary Fine& Nice Mother's Day Cake
I have no complaints about dishes 1,2 & 4. I have comments for dishes 3,5,6,7 & 8.
Dish 3 was a rip off. The chicken was chopped up already and smelled of sesame oil strongly. It also was just steamed chicken (the one chicken rice shops sell). Gravy was salty.
Dish 5 tasted like mash potato gravy from KFC.
Dish 6 the fish yuck. Sweet and tasteless yet has that fishy stench.....eeeew.
Dish 7 - Pink Scrambled EGGS ?????!!!
Dish 8 - No LONGAN at all. Not even one in sight.
Now to comment about timing of dishes... They came in pairs and after we finished each pair we waited for about 15 minutes ++ for the next two dishes to come. Other people who came after us finished faster than we did. We spent about 2.5 hours sitting there.
Service: IN the beginning it was fine. Then the waiter asked me to move so he could stand and serve. Pffffttt... I was in the midst of eating and he chases me off inconsiderately. I had to stand and finish my food and while waiting for him to finish, the food was finished. Bad waitering etiquette. He did that more than once. PIssed me off. How can you do that to a customer?
THe waiting period for dishes is too long. Makes eating boring and unenjoyable.
Refilling of drinks not consistent and mostly had to be self served. I had to walk to the trolley at the back of the room to get drinks, serviettes etc.
The bill also came slow.
The restroom was okay but not a good location for it was next to the kitchen.
Comment: I never want to go there again. Food is not good, service is bad. Its a cramped place and parking is scarce. Should get a major discount for all my troubles there =)
Rating: *

1 Comments:
Forgot... played with the cake and wiped off mother's so it became happy day for my aunt to cut as her bday cake.... plus it was filled with longans
Post a Comment
<< Home