gallery: Colonial Restaurant
Food Lovers Paradise

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Colonial Restaurant

Location: No. 35, Lebuh Armenian, 10200 Georgetown, Penang.


Tel. No.: 604-2614489

Business Hours:
11:00 am -3:00 pm
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm

I read about this shop in the papers awhile back and thought I'd give it a go.

I ordered the Emperor Beef Noodle stew @ MYR 15.00, Mushroom Stew On Toast @ MYR 6.50, Hainan Seafood Spring Rolls @ MYR 6.00, and Kopi Peng @ MYR 2.50.

Remarks:

The ambience was nice and quiet yet cooling. The interior was cozy and long. The food was, not up to my expectations. THe beef noodle was very well portioned for the price but it lacked taste. I added in their sour limed-vinegar garlic sauce just to add taste to it. I may have overdone the sourness but it tasted better.

Their mushroom stew on toast was way too BUTTERY and had a weird sweetness aftertastes. I would have expected fresh wild mushrooms but they used the normal dry black mushrooms.

Their spring rolls were okay but I've had better ones.

Their coffee was normal.

No service charge or government tax was charged. They accept cash and credit card (Master/Visa)

Ratings: **

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home